"Thanks to Northwest Personal Training, I have lost 20 pounds and am more toned than I was in high school!" - Cheryl Stepenson, Chef, 30 years young
Featured Event Knowledge is Power Series for 2013 - FINAL SESSION OF THE YEAR - Healthy Holiday Cooking Mark your Calendars! Date: 11/19/13
Pink Brigade Guys for the Girlfriends Half Marathon Event Date(s): 10/13/2013 Ok Fellas, can you keep up with ALL of those Women?
Check out how much fun we had in 2012!
General Event Details:
9:00am sharp - Please show up at 8:30 at the latest to get organized and ensure we start on time.
What is a Pink Brigade Guy?
• One of 50 inspired, strong men allowed to register for the women’s only Girlfriends Half Marathon on Sunday October 13th
• One of 50 amazing men committed to our community and the advancement of research and a cure for Breast Cancer. Here are some of the awesome Pink Brigade Guys from last year!
Tim Leavitt, Vancouver City Mayor
Jim West, CBC World Wide NW
Paul Montague, Identity Clark County
Tom Hagley, Executive Director - Vancouver Public Schools
Michael Burgoyne, Laurus Wealth Management
Bobby Knight, President of Clark College
Jared Hidden, Active Activist
Ben Byers, the "BOSS"
Trevor Thomas, Northwest Personal Training
Alan Ohara, When the Shoe Fits
Ryan Jeynes, Civil Engineer
Mark Cole, MD Cole Painting
Mike Mikelson - Community Outreach Supervisor for Corwin Beverages
Dr. Larry Rose, Radiologist, PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center
Joe Pauletto, Community Supporter
David Wellcome- Cable Guy
Steven D. Savage- HomeStreet Bank
Dick Boyd - Boyd’s Coffee
Tim Schoonmaker - PeaceHealth
• One of 50 philanthropic men who agree to pay, sponsor someone or raise $1000 to register for the Girlfriends Half Marathon and are therefore involved in raising an additional $50,000 the Kearney Breast Center (50 x $1000 each). We will make it easy by helping each Pink Brigade Guy set up their own donation page. We’re confident many of their friends will pay big bucks to see them in pink gear!
• One of 50 lucky guys who get to run or walk with 3000+ beautiful and fit women. He will be the envy of all of his buddies! If you can't run or walk but still want to participate in the Pink Brigade program, you can be a lead cyclist or a key volunteer.
• One of 50 men who feel secure enough in their sexuality and masculinity to wear either a pink skort, pink tights, pink bra-top, pink headband or all of the above.
How do you become a Pink Brigade Guy?
• Contact Shantina at Northwest Personal Training for the registration form firstname.lastname@example.org, write a check to the Kearney Breast Center for $1000 on behalf of the Girlfriends Half marathon (therefore you get the tax write off too) and drop both off at Northwest Personal Training, 1011 Broadway, Vancouver WA 98660.
• If you cannot come up with the $1000 yourself, we suggest you get either friends, family or company sponsors to pledge you to come up with the $1000. As long as you agree to collect $1000, we can reserve your registration. We can help you set up a donation page that you can forward to all of your loved ones. Plus here's some easy ways to raise $1000.
• Host a Poker or Bunco party and charge $25 per person. With 10 people attending, you are 25% to your goal.
• Suggest that if someone pledges $100, they get to pick one piece of clothing that you will wear. That could get fun! You should see some of the photos from last year!
• Sell some things with the money going to the cause
• Act FAST! We are only accepting 50 Pink Brigade guys!
• Then start training so you don’t embarrass yourself ☺ ps. We offer running and training clinics at NWPT.
OR....If you prefer not to run or walk the 13.1 miles, be there as an event Ambassador, helping at the event and finish line festivities
- Whether you run, walk, schmooze or pour libations, you’ll wear pink with your workout gear, jeans or tuxedo. Either way, you’ll be adored by 3,000 women for your generosity and commitment to furthering the fight against breast cancer!
Race Begins at Northwest Personal Training
Northwest Personal Training
Vancouver, WA 98660
Take 1-5 to the City Center/Mill Plain/Port of Vancouver Exit #1C. Veer to the right at the bottom of the ramp. Get into the left lane safely but immediately. Turn left at Broadway. Northwest Personal Training & Fitness Education is located at 1011 Broadway (between 11 th and Evergreen – 10 th st ). Free 2 hour parking is located in the lot on the corner of Broadway and Evergreen. Metered parking is located on all city streets in the vicinity and is free on weekends, mornings before 8:00am and after 6:00pm on weekdays.
From Portland - 15 going North
Take I-5 to City Center/6 th Street Exit #1B. Stay straight off the ramp which turns into "C" St. Turn left on 12th street. Turn left on Broadway. Northwest Personal Training & Fitness Education is located at 1011 Broadway (between 11 th and Evergreen - 10 th st.). Free 2 hour parking is located in the lot on the corner of Broadway and Evergreen. Metered parking is located on all city streets in the vicinity and is Free on weekends, mornings before 8:00am and after 6:00pm on weekdays.
From Highway 14
Take Highway 14 West to the City Center Exit. Stay straight which turns into "C" St. Turn left on 12th street . Turn left on Broadway. Northwest Personal Training & Fitness Education is located at 1011 Broadway (between 11 th and Evergreen - 10 th st.).
You can fundraise (we can help you set up a personal donation page), get sponsors or personally donate the funds.
* Technical Runner's t-shirt
* Finisher's Gift
* Post-event food and drink
* Post-event festivities
* Being adored by 3000 women - many guys would pay a lot more for that opportunity!
* Sense of accomplishment - Priceless!
Kearney Breast Center at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center Sometimes all you need is a mammogram. Sometimes a closer look is needed. And, sometimes breast cancer is discovered. For this reason, the Kearney Breast Center offers patients in the Vancouver, WA and the Portland, OR area more than breast imaging services. Together with radiologists, breast surgeons, oncologists, plastic surgeons and nurse navigators, we are able to support you whether your visit with us is for a routine mammogram or a fight with breast cancer. It was built almost entirely through community generosity, and is our region’s only fully accredited breast center equipped with new 3D mammography technology and decorated with beautiful, inspiring works of art. Visit their website here.
13.1 mile mostly flat and scenic course traveling along historic Officer’s Row, Fort Vancouver, the Columbian Riverfront and more. This course is so pretty, the miles may even fly by! It’s a great course for a Personal Best!
The Kearney Breast Care center can set it up so that if you want to donate personally and get the tax write off, they can invoice you for the full amount, or you can pay any installment that works for you by check or credit card...For example, $100 x 10 months, or $83 x 12 months or $250 per quarter.
Some of our guys fundraise for part and donate the rest. It's totally up to you how you want to help out!
For official registration form contact Shantina Fox, email@example.com
or go HERE to print out the form.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us..." -R. Emerson